Thursday, October 29, 2009

More Badgering


This is the "legendary" Tangle Foot ale, with yet another answer key for making sense of your drinking experience. I can't help thinking that a similar label on an American beer would read
See : a pale, jaundiced film
Smell: stale notes of urine
Taste: steam, mildew, cardboard
This one was OK, but not among the standouts. However, I have to hand it to Badger for offering so many varieities. I don't think any US brewers offer such diverse selections. More Badgers to come!

2 comments:

  1. Love the description. I just looked them up and Badger was founded in 1777 which was obviously a curious date. At first I imagined some veterans of the Revolutionary War lamenting their loss over some homebrew then deciding to open up a pub. But it turns out they made a bit of a name for themselves supplying beer to the troops fighting against the French in the Napoleonic Wars. So the next time you're contemplating its spicy overtones, you can imagine the Duke of Wellington throwing one of those back after the Battle of Waterloo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, thanks for bringing some much needed color (or colour) to my entry.

    ReplyDelete