Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rough Draught


I went to a pub for lunch with some of my coworkers on my first day at Aardman, and I had a pint of Guinness, much like the one shown here (although it is not a photo of the pint I had, as I was groggy from the jetlag and forgot to take a picture). There appeared to be 2 types of Guinnes on tap: regular and "extra cold". Well, my good friend Dennis Bredow and I opted for the regular Guinness (don't worry, I have "extra cold" in my cross-hairs, and I will be trying it soon). I had heard many tales of how the Guinness is much better in England (and even better in Ireland), but I have to say that to me, this tasted about the same as Guinness at home -- from the tap or even from the draughtflow can. It was good, but just not noticeably different. It was a lot better than the bangers and mash we had to go with it, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment